Mahoning Valley Historical Society Announces History To Go Event Series 2019
Five custom tours explore historic neighborhoods and landmarks from June through October.
The Mahoning Valley Historical Society is hosting its History To Go Event Series—offering a historic North Side residential walking tour, a Mahoning River area walking tour, an Oak Hill Cemetery walking tour, a Mahoning Valley scavenger hunt road race, and a Whiskey Rebellion-themed bus tour to Pittsburgh, PA during summer and fall 2019.
“This is a great chance for the community to add some regional history flavor to their summer and fall plans,” said Frank Rulli, Chairperson, MVHS’ History To Go Team. “We’re visiting some significant new destinations, along with some twists to our most popular events.”
The itinerary for the 5-part series includes:
- Friday, June 28, 2019—5:00PM to ?
- Begins at Arms Family Museum (648 Wick Ave.) and finishes at Rhine Haus Bier Hall (40 N. Phelps St.)
Fifth Avenue Walking Tour
- Saturday, July 13, 2019—Noon, 12:30PM, 1:00PM, and 1:30PM start times
- (Shuttle bus is available for the Noon and 1:30PM tours only)
- Start and finish locations will be announced prior to the event
Whiskey Rebellion Bus Tour: Pittsburgh, PA
- Sunday, August 18, 2019—8:30AM to 6:00PM
- Tour bus boards and returns to Tyler History Center (325 W. Federal St.)
Founders Day Mahoning River Walking Tour
- Sunday, September 8, 2019—Noon, 12:30PM, and 2:30PM start times
- Begins and finishes at Tyler History Center (325 W. Federal St.)
Oak Hill Cemetery Walking Tour
- Saturday, October 26, 2019—Noon to 3:00PM (Tours begin every 20 minutes)
- Begins and finishes at Oak Hill Cemetery Chapel (344 Oak Hill Ave.)
All events will go on rain or shine. Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Pre-registration for each event is recommended. Tour costs vary per event.
MVHS appreciates the support of the following event partners and sponsors: Rhine Haus Bier Hall, Fifth Avenue Neighbors Association, Wigle Distillery & Tasting Room, Senator John Heinz History Center, Allegheny Cemetery, Friends of the Mahoning River, and Oak Hill Cemetery. If any businesses, organizations, or individuals would like to help sponsor these popular events, please contact Linda Kostka, CFRE, Development Director, at 330-743-2589, ext. 125 or email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.mahoninghistory.org/events.