Hollywood’s famous Warner Brothers—Harry, Jack and Albert—commissioned noted theater architects C.W. and George L. Rapp to design a new movie palace in downtown Youngstown. Completed in 1931, this Warner Theater was meant to be a memorial to the Warners’ late brother, Sam. The original exterior was Art Deco; it was remodeled in a more starkly modern style in the late 1960s and then restored to its original appearance several years ago. The interior, which was restored at the same time, is an exuberant expression of Baroque Revival architecture. The lobby is meant to imitate the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles Palace, while there is a Spanish Baroque courtyard also on the first floor.