The lecture series History to Go began in 2004 and presents three to six events per year. Past events have included lectures, panel discussions, walking tours, and bus tours.
In The Mahoning Valley Historical Society’s ongoing mission to provide opportunity for our community to discover its local history, the Young Leaders Advisory Board was formed to nurture a membership base focused on those aged 21-50. The goal is to engage a new generation within the community; increase general awareness of the Historical Society; increase participation in MVHS activities, events, and programs; and develop a future leadership of the Society.
2018 History to Go Schedule
Crandall Park District Walking Tours
• Saturday, July 28, Noon & 1:30pm
• Free Event!
• Begin and finish at St. Edward’s Catholic Church on Tod Lane
MVHS Field Trip:
Garfield! Garfield! Garfield!
• Saturday, August 11, 8:30am–6:00pm
• Cost: $65 MVHS Members – $75 non members (includes luxury coach transportation, admission fees, and lunch)
• Tour bus boards at and returns to Tyler History Center
• Reserve your spot by calling 330-743-2589
Wick Avenue Walking Tours
• Sunday, September 9, 1:30pm & 3:30pm
• Free Event!
• Begin and finish at Arms Family Museum
Oak Hill Cemetery Tours
• Saturday, October 27, 1:30pm & 3:30pm
• Begin and finish at Oak Hill Cemetery Chapel